Hello again my BEAUTIFUL friends! I have another amazing DIY Mother’s Day gift that is VERY easy to make. It is the growing popularity of marbled mason jars on pintrest. This one however has a twist. 😀 I hope you like it! 😀
What you will need:
- Glass paint. I use Martha Stewart Glass paint.
- Paper plate, foil, parchment paper (anything flat where you can add enough paint to roll the jar in)
- Tape ( I used painters tape because I was wide enough to cover the jar)
- Box cutter (to cut out the word mom) you probably could use scissors too
- Gather all your supplies. Once you put the paint on the paper you will want to work a little fast so the paint wont dry before you get to it.
2. Before placing the tape on the glass I wrote out the word MOM. Then placed it evenly on the glass and carefully used a cutter to trace out the word. Then peeled the tape off. You should be left with what you want to be clear after painting.
3. I chose to stick with blues and gold. Try to keep in mind colors that will complement one another. And try to stick with 3-4 colors. Unless you are going for a rainbow effect. 🙂 But remember the colors will blend a little so don’t expect that red next to the yellow to stay that color. It will turn orange. Anyway, that is why I stuck with just a few colors.
4. Now place the jar on one side of the plate or painting surface and roll slowly. TIP: try avoiding rolling back over. You want the paint to be spread wide enough so when you place the jar down it will reach one end to the other. If you have to go back through it you risk mixing the colors.
5. If it leaked through the tape a little bit don’t worry. After it is baked you can clean up the edges. 😀 I wasn’t aiming for a textured look but I think it is actually pretty awesome! LOL Happy little accidents!
6. For Martha Stewart Glass Paints here are the baking instructions. You can let it air cure for 21 days too if you prefer but if you know me I don’t have that kind of patience. LOL These paints are also top rack dishwasher safe (an added bonus).
7. Add a little note to your Mom with some string or ribbon and a candle and watch her heart melt when she opens this. 😀
I hope you enjoyed making this fun project!
If you try it please let us know how it went. If you have any questions or comments please ask. We read every comment and love hearing from all of you!
If you like what you see and want more be sure to join the fun!
What have you made today?!