Hello again my beautiful friends! Make a flower bowl for mom this Mother’s Day for her to keep her jewelry and other keepsakes in! What mom wouldn’t LOVE this! This was the first time I tried the salt, flour and water mixture. It is ok in my opinion. I prefer to work with Sculpty clay. I feel the end results are smother and bakes in 15 mins. . Your call. For the kids though, salt/flour might be better.
- mixing bowl
- glass cup/bowl (to place the flower on when baking)
- Mix the salt and flour together in a large bowl.
2. Add in the water and stir until well combined.
3. Roll out onto a floured surface.
4. Trace and cut the flower shape out. Then add the letters.
5. I greased the glass because I didn’t know if it was going to stick or not. It was sticking to everything. Then I placed it over the glass and let it fall into a bowl shape. (The paper is still on it because it stuck to it before I realized I needed flour).
6. Bake at 250 for 2 hours and voila! After it baked the paper came off no problem.
TIP #1: I sanded the edges. I felt it would look better with smooth edges but you don’t have to. Also, be VERY careful! This is like glass. I made a hand print of my youngest and dropped and broke it. 🙁 Another pro to using clay. It can still break but I feel it holds up a little better.
7. Paint your beautiful master piece and you are finished!
TIP #2: I used a water based paint at first but all it did was crack on the surface. I feel it would be best to use a paint that dries quick. I used acrylics in a few layers letting them dry in between and I worked MUCH better. Again, another pro to clay, you can use any paint on it pretty much. On a different project I used water-color. You can see it HERE.
If you have any questions or comments please ask. We read every thing and LOVE hearing from all of our friends!
Dont miss anything! Join the fun now! 😀
What have you made today?!