This was a recipe that my grandma ALWAYS made for Thanksgiving and Christmas. She probably make it just for us grandchildren (10 of us) but it was the thing I remember most about holidays and it was always the first to be gone. This is one of those recipes that is very special to me. When I make this I feel my grandmother right next to me. Her tiny little 80 lbs frame and a huge loving smile.
- 6 oz. Pkg. Strawberry gelatin (1 box)
- 2 10 oz pkgs Frozen strawberries
- 1 13 1/2 oz Can crushed pineappleÂ
- 2 sliced bananas
- 1 cup sour cream or IMO
- Dissolve gelatin in 2 cups boiling water.
- Add frozen berries, stir until thawed.
- Add crushed pineapples (juice too) and bananas
- Pour 1/2 the mixture into an 8x8x2 inch pan and refrigerate until firm.
- Spread 1 cup sour cream evenly on top.
- Pour remaining gelatin on top when it has slightly thickened. Chill.
- Cut into squares.
If you are like me you might see the sour cream and say “eww!” I HATE sour cream but for some reason this makes it takes like whip cream! Growing up I would have bet anything that it was whip cream the whole time. When I first learned to make it I read the recipe, called my mom to make sure I was reading it right then called my grandma to see if my mom was playing a trick on me! LOL because grandma NEVER lies! These are worth every minute spent making them! Hope you love them as much as I do!
If you do try them please leave a comment letting me know what you think. it would mean the world to me.
And as always, If you like what you see I have plenty more so don’t miss out. Join the fun and subscribe.