Whole Home Remodel: The Beginnings

Living through a home renovation is like living in the wild…

you do whatever it takes to survive.

My husband and I just bought a beautiful 4,400 sqft home. It has 4 bedrooms, 5 1/2 bathrooms, sunroom, huge pantry and a 30X50 2-story shop on 10 acres. Only thing is, it is OUTDATED! I mean gold fixtures, blue kitchen countertops, dark oak doors and cabinets, blue toilet, tub and sink. You name it. If they made it in the late 70’s this house has it. LOL

The awesome thing about it is now we get to update everything! 😀 My passion. So join the fun and watch the progress. I hope you get inspired.

Here is a sneak peak at our house now:

IMG_2290

Over grown gazebo & back yard fence with vines

Driskill 12

Kitchen

Kitchen

ISif3k7igf43ca1000000000

Master

6 thoughts on “Whole Home Remodel: The Beginnings

1. Scotty says:

Wow, i don’t know if I could take on a project that huge! More power to you! But I do LOVE these types of posts so I can’t wait to see what you turn it into! Good luck!

• passion4diy says:

Yes it is a HUGE project and we plan on hitting a few snags here and there but I cant wait to see the final product as well! I will hopefully start posting steps very soon. It is harder than I imagined! LOL

2. FrenchTouch says:

What a beautiful house you have! I really love the beautiful gazebo in the garden and that big bath tub! It looks like it’s going to be a lot of work to update everything but I’m really looking forward to see your work!

• passion4diy says:

Thank you! Yes it will take a while. Lol but the yard is already better. We pulled all the vines off the fence and cleaned everything up. I’ll hopefully start getting some good pics up soon. Thank you for your comment! 🙂

3. Laura Cameron says:

That is so much space to work with!!! How exciting 🙂 at least with 5 1/2 baths you can do one and then wait as long as you want to do the other 4. So much potential in this property, best of luck!!

• passion4diy says:

Thank you! Yes it is a lot of space. It gets ahead of us sometimes but we do a little at a time. 🙂 I can’t wait till the whole place is done. By then it will prob be time to move. Lol